aundry tonight. In between loads. In an idle moment, I thought I would try this song meme type thingie.
I don't think this is possible: almost certainly not for an individual, but possibly for a sufficiently-large readership. Hell, I don't know that I
will be able to do it after a few days. And that's after I skipped writing the first line of the lyrics of "Unomathemba" by Ladysmith Black Mambazo in whatever African language they were using, and the indecipherable first line in Notre Dame punk band The Graboids' "Good Ol' Bookowski." But I read this on nimoloth
's page and was curious what would come up....
Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Strike through the songs when someone guesses both artist and track correctly (or originals/covers of the tracks I listed).
Step 4: Don't look them up on Google or any other search engine, you cheater.
Step 5: If you like the game, post your own.
Step 6: After a week, any songs left, I'll just post the answer.Friday night I crashed your party
– You May Be Right, Billy Joel weaklingrecordsDon't whisper "Love" and dream of wedding bells You know, somehow, this isn't what I had planned
– These Days, Hoobajoob
(by Andy Brenner) weaklingrecordsAll of the prisoners serving life sentences I have climbed highest mountain
– Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, U2 weaklingrecordsTough, you think you've got the stuff
– Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, U2 mushfromnewsiesYou broke my heart 'cause I couldn't dance
– Do You Love Me? (?), by that one dude (in this case, covered by The Blues Brothers) weaklingrecordsI'm a one man line at the twenty-four hour store 'Tis far away I am today from scenes I roamed a boy Somebody touched me making everything new
– Somebody Touched Me, Bruce Cockburn mushfromnewsiesI was minding my business We walk hand in hand 'til life does us part Out where the river broke
– Beds are Burning, Midnight Oil mushfromnewsiesWell, it's a marvelous night for a moondance
Moondance, here by Over The Rhine weaklingrecordsOne of these days, and it won't be long Love is blindness
– Love Is Blindness, U2 weaklingrecordsFactory house outside the town I warned you, you didnt believe me! This is it, we stand alone The stars are so close we could touch them